Aaron gives overall leadership to the ministries of Virginia Mennonite Missions. He loves to see people transformed and released into God’s reconciling work through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
As President, Aaron works with the Board of Directors to set the direction and priorities of VMMissions. He leads and assists the staff in their efforts to call, equip, send and support people in mission. Connecting with leaders, speaking in churches, visiting local and international partners, and sharing stories of God’s work through VMMissions are also key aspects of his work.
Aaron is married to Laura and they have four young children, Abby, Sophie, Asher and David. From 2005-2008, they served jointly with Mennonite Mission Network and VMMissions in La Mesa, Colombia. Prior to that, Aaron confirmed a call to cross-cultural ministry through a one-year internship with Eastern Mennonite Missions in Ethiopia.
Aaron enjoys time with his family, reading, running, bicycling, music, and good coffee. He and his family worship at Zion Mennonite Church in Broadway, Virginia. He is an ordained minister in Virginia Mennonite Conference.
D.Min., Asbury Theological Seminary, in progress
M.Div., Eastern Mennonite Seminary, 2012
M.A., Georgetown University, 2003
B.A. Eastern Mennonite University, 2001
Articles and sermons by Aaron Kauffman
- “Evangelism: Our Top Priority?” – The Mennonite (09/23/2015)
- “Will Our Faith Have Children? (audio) – Williamsburg Mennonite Church (09/18/2015)
- “Back to School with Jesus” (audio) – Christiansburg Mennonite (02/08/2015)
- “New Voices: Precious or Poisonwood?” – The Mennonite (01/30/2015)
- “I Am the Light of the World” (audio) – Lindale Mennonite Church (11/16/2014)
- “Leadership: Discipling the Disinterested” – The Mennonite (09/01/2014)
- “Boldly Embody the Love of Jesus” – The Mennonite (06/01/2011)