First international tranSenders finish well
Posted on December 2, 2010 by VMMissions Staff
“We’re here to honor Dino & Mara for their service among us this year.” With these words, Centro Koinonia’s usual mid-week meeting suddenly burst into a surprise farewell party! After listing their many accomplishments, we gave them a hearty round of applause, words of appreciation, incomparable party delicacies, plus many embraces and kisses, Italian-style! Here’s a glimpse of their tranSend service:
- Mara’s graphic design skills produced attractive invitations and posters announcing activities, conferences at Centro Koinonia, a songbook for home groups, materials for children’s Bible lessons, and a t-shirt especially for “World Cup.”
- Attended orientation and visited Mennonite churches in Sicily, who helped support their tranSend ministry financially.
- Led monthly “Happy Day” and the VBS “Happy Week” outreach for children, and assisted with SS program.
- Organized children’s activities for conference and retreat.
- Produced and directed Easter play for children.
- Assisted with home Bible Study group for new persons.
- Led worship with voices and guitar and encouraged others to get involved.
- Literature distribution in open market places.
- Street evangelism with team from the USA.
- Took discipleship training courses with Willard Eberly.
- Dino accompanied Willard on missions trip to Albania.
Dino & Mara affirm having also received through this experience! “We discovered that we’re a ‘work in process.’ God wants to transform many things yet in our lives! He’s showing us that our service for Him is an expression of love—a lifestyle that goes beyond church walls. We also discovered latent abilities that need to mature in us; for example, enjoying relating to new persons and cultivating authentic friendships with them. We’re immensely grateful to all those who supported our mission assignment spiritually and practically, because without your help all this would not have been possible!”
Filed in: All posts