Will you join us as we join God?
Posted on December 6, 2011 by VMMissions Staff
Christmas reminds us that God is on a mission. Our future and the future of the church rest entirely on our embrace of that mission. We start by discerning God’s activity in the world. Then we enthusiastically align our priorities with God’s. At VMMissions, God’s work takes many different forms.
• Church planting efforts in our conference find fresh ideas and counsel through the coaching of Skip Tobin.
• Thirty-one high school students learn from a biblical worldview at Lezha Academic Center in Albania.
• Ministries are taking root among the Hispanic community, a fast growing segment of our local population.
• Deaf children in Belize hear (or see!) the gospel through Nancy Marshall’s ministry at Jesus Deaf Church.
• A new church planting initiative in South Africa asks VMMissions to partner with them in meeting human need.
• More and more young adults and mid-career people are hearing God’s call to go out into God’s mission through VMMissions.
All of this depends on leaders, congregations, prayer partners and generous supporters like you.
This Christmas, I am looking for the next wave of go-ers and send-ers who will joyfully reach out to the world God so loves. For some the destination will be near at hand. For others, farther away.
For all, it can include a generous gift to VMMissions yet in 2011.
Will you join us as we join God? I invite you to send a gift to Virginia Mennonite Missions. As you do, breathe a prayer for peace on earth. May we all experience God’s peace this Christmas.