Offices Open by Appointment Only During Phase 2
Posted on June 8, 2020 by VMMissions Staff
To visitors at the offices of VMMissions and Virginia Mennonite Conference:
We hope you and your families are well and that you are experiencing the peace of Christ in these tumultuous days. Thank you for your understanding in the closing of our offices due to COVID-19 these past several weeks.
In view of the Governor’s recently announced guidelines for Phase 2 of Virginia’s reopening plan, effective Monday, June 8 we will be allowing visitors inside our offices by appointment only.
During Phase 2, we will be observing the following protocols:
In compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order #63 we ask all visitors to wear a face covering while inside our offices. If you forget your mask we have a limited supply available for our guests. Executive Order #63 provides a number of exceptions to the mask requirement:
- Any person who has trouble breathing
- Any person seeking to communicate with the hearing impaired and for which the mouth needs to be visible;
- Persons with health conditions for which wearing a face covering would be contrary to his or her health or safety.
Staff members will wear a mask while meeting with you in our offices.
In order to reduce the likelihood of community spread of COVID-19 we are asking all staff and visitors a number of related health questions. Prior to entering our offices we ask you to consider the following:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or have you been determined presumptive positive by a member of the medical community in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in “close contact” with another person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been determined presumptive positive by a member of the medical community in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
If you answer “yes” to any of these three questions we ask you to not enter our offices. We will gladly reschedule your appointment to a future date or we can arrange a video or telephone call.
Also, please note our reception area is closed at this time. When setting your appointment, please arrange with the person hosting the meeting how best to notify them of your arrival (telephone, text, etc.). Your host will greet you at our door and bring you into the building for your appointment.
We are maintaining our enhanced cleaning practices and have supplies of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes available in our offices for use as appropriate. We are also restricting movement within our facilities. Most employees continue to telework.
May the Lord continue to walk with us and give us his wisdom for these days.